Saturday 4 February 2012

XXL Magazine Deconstruction








XXL magazine’s masthead again contains big bold letters. However, this magazine is slightly different as the letters are not the main colour feature the background is. The background for this masthead is red with white lettering over it. This again attracts readers and helps the letters to really standout. This masthead is used on all magazines by the company in order to keep the continuity of the magazine and brand name.

When designing my magazine masthead, I plan to use a big bold font as this is the font used for most magazines in the hip-hop genre. Plus I will carefully plan which colours to use in the masthead as this is a big factor in the survival of music magazines and helps to attract readers. I have also noticed from these deconstructions that pictures may or may not be featured depending on what message I wish to send the readers about my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment